The Dress Code at South Leeds Golf Club is designed to reflect the standards the Club strives to maintain throughout all activities and is viewed as being both reasonable and acceptable to members and visitors.
The overall standard we expect would be clothing that is accepted as traditional golfing apparel. Accordingly all members and visitors to South Leeds Golf Club are expected to adhere to these guidelines.
The Dress Code
- Shirts to be collared but collarless turtleneck golf shirts will be acceptable. Tailored shirts, designed for wear outside the trousers, are acceptable in the clubhouse only. Shirts for men, must be sleeved, ladies may be without sleeves. Vests, tee shirts, rugby and football shirts must not be worn at any time. Shirts must be tucked in when playing golf.
- Shorts must be tailored and worn with predominantly white ankle socks. Knee length socks may be of any colour. Tailored golf shorts are allowed in the clubhouse. Tracksuits, shell suits combat or cargo trousers and beach shorts must not be worn at any time.
- Golf shoes must be worn whilst playing golf. Trainers must not be worn on the course however they can be worn in the snooker room, 19th bar and TV lounge. Sandals worn by gentlemen without socks are not allowed in the clubhouse at any time. Golf shoes with soft or metal spikes are not allowed in the clubhouse.
- Denim jeans or jackets of any colour must not be worn on the course however they can be worn in all parts of the golf club providing they are not work attire. For traditional club functions e.g:- Prize presentation night and annual general meetings members would be expected to dress accordingly.
- Golf caps and golf equipment including waterproof tops and waterproof over trousers must not be worn in the clubhouse .
- Jacket and tie in the Dining Room after 7.30
- Children under the age of 16 have some flexibility in the way they dress.
- In the clubhouse please ensure that mobile phones are used with discretion and not a nuisance to other members
By order of the Board